RE: [rhn-users] Remote (telnet) kernel updates possible?

"DB" <rhn-list catalpaweb com> wrote:

Instead of using the up2date command on my server via Putty SSH, should I
use rhn and click the "Apply Errata" button on my rhn page instead?  Or is
it better to use the up2date command on the server instead?  Does it
matter - which is safer?
<<

DB, no disrespect, but you seem to be fairly new to Linux. In that
situation, you should take all the help you can get, and that really means
using the RHN web interface. It's never failed me yet (unless the machine
runs out of disk space).

Hell, that's what I do. . . .

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP