[rhn-users] Postfix - master is stopped

I did a server restart late last night and now postfix ia dead.  I assume
there must of been an rpm in the up2date somewhere that needed a
restart which I didn't do at the time.  I am a linux newbie, can someone
please help me understand what went wrong and how I can repair the
problem up2date caused.

Oddly enough is I start postfix manually it says:
Starting postfix:                                         [  OK  ]

But then when I confirm via status I get this:
master is stopped

and of course, if I try and stop it,
Shutting down postfix:                                     [FAILED]

Many thanks
Brendan