Re: How do I find out what files an RPM command is going to write?

Jeff Johnson wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 02:15:53PM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> > This question is somewhat related to one I asked earlier, but as I
> > didn't get an answer that was quite satisfactory, so I'll try again:
> >
> > Given an RPM .spec file and a command line used to build RPMS from it,
> > is there a _simple_ way to determine in advance what files are going to
> > be written? I've tried determining this using various different query
> > commands, but they either get very complex, or I have to make a lot of
> > assumptions about file locations etc. It seems to me that this
> > information must be available at an early stage of the rpm execution,
> > but is there a way of obtaining it?
> >
> > Why I want to do this? Well, I want to use 'make' to avoid unnecessary
> > re-builds, of course, but if there is a different way of doing this...
> >

> Here's about the best you are gonna do (I'll let you figger the srpm name :-)
>
>     rpm -q --specfile --qf "`rpm --eval %{_topdir}`/RPMS/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}.rpm\n" <your_specfile_here>

or

      rpm -q --specfile --qf "`rpm --eval %{_rpmdir}/%{_rpmfilename}`\n"  <spec file>

Yeah, I'd pretty much figured that one out for myself.

Two problems:

  1. This is a bit too complex for my taste. (The actual commands get dirtier than the above ones, as build time flags need
     to be included as well.)
  2. The "architecture" expands to '(none)' no matter what I do. Specifying ExclusiveArch: doesn't even help.

- Toralf