RE: Way to specify an aditional rpmmacros-file from commandline?

Title: RE: Way to specify an aditional rpmmacros-file from commandline?

> If you must do this from the command line, then create a stub rpmrc
> file something like
>       include: /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc
>       macrofiles: file1:file2:...
> and invoke with
>       --rcfile <stub_rcfile>

Looks like if you put only your <particular-macrofile> in <stub_rcfile>'s macrofiles: statement it will override
list of macrofiles defined in /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc and --showrc will show curtailed information.
To get full version of rc I had to perform following steps:
1. get 'original list of macrofiles': rpm --showrc | grep macrofiles
2. create sub_rcfile:
  include: /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc
  macrofiles: <original-list-of-macrofiles>:<my-particular-macrofile>

It's correct for rpm 3.0.5 at least, I didn't try it with rpm 4.0.x

It would be great, I believe, to have a feature like

macrofiles: %{_macrofiles}:<my-particular-macrofile>

or

macrofiles += <my-particular-macrofile>

BTW, I put /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc as the name of original rc file. Is there the way to obtain this information from rpm?
Something like rpm --eval '%{_rcfile}'?

Victor