Re: undocumented macros in spec file?

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Sergey Ostrovsky wrote:

> Read <-prefix-where-you-have-RPM-installed>/lib/rpm/macros.
> You did not ask the more interesting question -
> Where's %setup defined ?...
> I would be interested to know that too.
> In particular, do not have docs on what %setup -q does.

  ah, now *that* i did run across, it's explained in the online
maximum rpm book, chapter 13, the section on "macros", which shows
that the %setup macro is equivalent to (simplified):

  cd .../BUILD
  rm -rf <package>-<version>
  (unload SOURCES/tarball here)
  cd <package>-<version>

  "setup -q" is, from what i understand, just the quiet version.

rday

--
Robert P. J. Day
Eno River Technologies, Chapel Hill NC

  "The Right seems determined to prove that government is
bad by giving us spectacularly bad government."