Re: %{buildroot} vs $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 10:18:21PM -0400, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Just a quick question -- I'm wondering which is considered "more
> proper": %{buildroot} or $RPM_BUILD_ROOT? I tend to use %{buildroot} as
> it is shorter and more consistent with the rest of the spec file, but
> I'd like an official opinion. :)

$RPM_BUILD_ROOT is the official, supported, mechanism for getting the
value of the configured build root in a build scriptlet.

%{buildroot} may be changed in the future w/o warning. Not that I'm planning
on that, but you've been warned.

Otherwise, the two have identical values and uses, and it really doesn't
matter at all.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ