Re: 4.0.4: Solaris, Tru64 UNIX patches

Once upon a time, Albert Chin <rpm-list@thewrittenword.com> said:
> 1. configure.in
>    Better pthread check. It is possible to test for pthread functions
>    even if <pthread.h> renames them. By #including <pthread.h>, we
>    can do this. We have a similar patch for beecrypt/configure.in.

The official way to get pthread support on Tru64 with the Compaq C
compiler is to use "-pthread" in the CFLAGS.  You aren't supposed to add
"-lpthread" to the libraries manually.

If you use gcc, you need to compile with "-D_REENTRANT" and link with
"-lpthread -lexc" at the end of the line.

I guess the configure should check the setting of CC to determine the
correct flags.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>