Re: Making rpm default to %defattr(-,root,root)?

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 01:55:54PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Call me lazy (which I am :) but I think it'd be nice if rpm defaulted to
> %defattr(-,root,root) in the %files section. At least I tend to forget to
> specify that especially in subpackages (like -devel) which then leads to
> "user foo not existing" warnings when installing the package. Afterall
> most packages use that anyway, specifying another user in there is more a
> special case than having the files owned by root.

Personally, I think that making %defattr(-,root,root) the default behavior
is long overdue. Ditto
	BuildRoot:
and
	%clean
	rm -rf ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}
as default behavior.

However, there's *lots* of packages out there, and I don't think I
have a prayer of successfully making the change.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)