Re: trouble with RPM erase

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 01:49:15PM -0500, Deaton, Larry wrote:
> Everyone,
> 	I am currently using RPM ( version 3.0.5 in RH 6.2 ) to package
> a version of Apache throughout our company.  I have the RPM creation and
> installation working correctly.  However, whenever I issue the RPM erase
> command, it does not delete any of the files that were installed.  If I
> do the following command:
>
> 	rpm -evv test_apache
>
> 	I get the following for each of the files installed:
>
> 	D:    file:
> /usr/local/apache/src/apache_1.3.23/icons/small/doc.png action: skip

I can't answer specifically, only generally.

For each file in a package contained in a transaction set, rpmlib computes
a file disposition, in this case "skip".

The likeliest scenario is

	The file is owned by (and installed from) another package.

Perhaps you have multiple copies of apache installed?

What does "rpm -qa | grep apache" have to say?

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)