Re: backwards compatability

Tom Shore wrote:
I've been having difficulty creating packages that can be installed by
earlier versions of RPM. I'm using RPM 4.0.3 to build packages and most of
our machines still have RPM 3.0 installed. Usually the installation
fails due to unmet rpmlib dependencies. Is there any way to resolve this?

I would suggest that you put in "AutoReqProv: No" to disable the automatic RPM dependancy finding in situations like this. With this disabled, RPM will not try to find these "other" depenendancies and your RPM will rely only on the ones you have specified.

Greetings,
Jaco