Re: Querying for transaction elements

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 02:11:58PM -0400, James Olin Oden wrote:
> Does anyone know how to query a transaction for the
> elements it has added?  I am looking at the rpm api
> docs (thanks again Jeff), and I see:
>
> 	rpmtsInitIterator()
>
> But it seems to access the rpm db, which confuses me
> quite a bit because it make me think that is really to
> do queries to the database via a transaction.

Yes, rpmtsInitIterator() is an analogue to rpmdbInitIterator(), a
data hiding artifact used to rip rpmdb data and methods out of the
rpmlib API.

If you want to see the elements that have been added to a
transaction, then you want a rpmte ("transaction element")
iterator from lib/rpmte.h, not rpmtsInitIterator().

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)