From: "Jeff Johnson" <jbj@redhat.com>
To: <rpm-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: Installed glibc-3.2.2, now RPM segfaults

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 10:16:42AM -0700, Rick Knight wrote:

Matthew, no, I did install the i686 glibc, but all the other glibc stuff
is xxxx-i386. That should work, shouldn't it.

Also, thanks for the tip about rpmi. It works fine. At least now, if I
have to, I will be able to roll back to glibc-2.2.5.

Be forewarned:

   You *won't* be able to rollback if kernel-2.4.18 is booted, statically
   linked binaries with NPTL/TLS data fail to execute before main() in
   rpm is reached. That's basically why /bin/rpm is no longer statically
   linked.

Can't be helped, transitions of the magnitude of pthreads -> NPTL/TLS
are painful.

Me and rpm are just hoping to survive the ordeal :-)

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)