From: Neil Hodge [mailto:neh@attbi.com]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 7:32 PM
To: rpm-list@redhat.com
Subject: Building for a Python application

All:

This is probably more of a protocol question(s), but here it goes:

I have an app I would like to distribute, which is a python application.

1. Should I package this as a source rpm, or a binary rpm?  I would
think source.  But I need it to be in a /usr/share/... type location.
That being the case:

2. How do I get a source rpm to see source files in the final
destination locations (if it is just like -bb, then I know how to do
it)?  Or more precisely, which parts of the spec file does 'rpmbuild
-bs' process (is is not shown on the man page)?

Thanks.

Neil