Epoch?

Hi there all,

I am just tring to find out what Epoch is meant to represent in a spec file. I have checked max-rpm and the mandrake rpm howto but they dont seem to touch on this entry. Could someone kindly clear up for me what it is?

Kind Regards

Mike

--
It's perfectly fine to use the name of you pet or child as a password.
How ever, for the sake of security, make sure the names of all your pets and children contain several non-alphanumeric characters.