FWIW, there are 2 big lies in rpm:
	1) reproducible builds.
	2) all-or-nothing transaction set installs.

#1 is true iff one knows how to set up a build environment.

Which would be true of any package manager, as I understand it, right?

#2 is true iff system is maintained (e.g. enough disk space) and
packaging is perfect, i.e. no %post failures. %pre failures
are even weirder, and then there's %triggers.

But this sounds like it's rpm specific...
So let me ask an unfair question: are there other package managers that get #2 right?

Just curious,

Eli
--------------------. "If it ain't broke now,
Eli Carter           \                  it will be soon." -- crypto-gram