Re: --test and --repackage...

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 01:21:59PM -0500, James Olin Oden wrote:

> > Any fix will be to remove --test, which is pretty useless for
> > anthing but checking for rpm segfaults.
> >
> Don't do that please.  Its actually quite usefull for finding out what
> RPM would do.  Unless of course you want to add some option for showing
> what RPM would do package wise and transaction wise, but that probably
> translates to asking it to fry your eggs over easy (-;

Curiosity:
	What do you find useful about --test?

I think --test is silly, traversing all rpm code paths but doing nothing.

As a developer traversing all code paths is a feature, but for the life of
me I cannot see or imagine any use of --test that could not be better
provided through other means.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ