Re: [RFH] Managing the rpm/{SPECS,SOURCES} namespace

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 02:06:42AM +0100, Jos Vos wrote:
> I create a <sometmp>/rpm/{SPECS,SOURCES,...} tree and adapt .rpmmacros
> to use it.  In fact, I also create a tmp dir that acts as $HOME and
> call "HOME=... rpmbuild ..." to build a package.

Aha, you *have* to create a separate HOME for each package,
so that RPM reads the package specific .rpmmacros file.
Hmmm, this is indeed rather heavy handed, and a bi of a
hack. I don't understand why the RPM system went for this
"all files in one dir approach", is so much harder to manage,
etc. With a private dir per package (supported in a bit nicer
manner), it would be so much simpler/nicer.

> Buildroot has nothing to do with it, that's for installing software
> during the build process.

Ah, yes, the buildroot is where the package will be built, indeed.

--
Dimi.