Re: How do I replace the rpm package

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 11:34 -0500, Alex at Avantel Systems wrote:
> I get Segmentation faults whenever I try install a new package.  AFAIK the
> FAQs say "replace the rpm package" but how do I do that if rpm won't work??

Can you give some more details about your environment and the segfault:

Has rpm ( or a process installing things) been killed at any point?

rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__* and repeat the failing operation

Are you running in a LDAP/NIS environment?  If so can you install nscd,
start and retry.

Can you run strace and see where it is failing?

Paul