up2date ssl error

Hello all,

I am having a problem with running up2date on a fresh install of RHEL 3.0 AS .  At first I followed the instructions for SSL errors on Redhat's website, by updating to the latest version of up2date (up2date-4.2.57-2), and also verifying that the certificate installed was correct.  The problem is intermittent.  When running up2date -u, the system will download anywhere from 5-20 packages, and then will give me the following error:

There was an SSL error: (104, 'Connection reset by peer')
A common cause of this error is the system time being incorrect. Verify that the time on this system is correct.

I have verified that the system time is accurate.  Also if I restart up2date -u, it will go through the same process of downloading a few more packages, and then it will give me the same error message.  I thought it might be an issue with the network connection, but using a different NIC did not work either.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Jeffrey Chandler
jeffrey chandler gmail com