Re: How to reinstall a rpm package with the same Version

Hello

Bob Kashani wrote:
On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 14:59 +0200, Thorsten Geelhaar wrote:

Hello,

I want to reinstall a rpm package with the same version for test

purposes.

For example:

1. rpm -i package_2.1.0
2. rpm -u package_2.1.0

Then the system says package already installed.
If i force it the system makes a new installation, but i will do an

update

how can i make it?

Have you tried --replacepkgs or --oldpackge.

If that doesn't work then a 'rpm -Uvh --force some.rpm' should work.

Bob

Thanks ,

--replacepkgs works
--oldpackage seems to work only with versions, that are older then the installed

The --force option, so my little experience is similary to a new installation. Or is this wrong ?

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Geelhaar
Software-Entwickler