Re: Creating a dummy RPM

On Apr 7, 2006, at 5:22 PM, James Colannino wrote:

Hi everyone. I've been googling around, but haven't found a good answer to this problem yet. I'm looking to create a dummy RPM whose purpose on the system is really nothing more than to be installed and to show up in RPM queries (I don't want it to actually install any files.)

How exactly should I go about this? I've played around with creating a spec file, but so far I haven't gotten anything to work. Thanks :)

Name: dummy
Version: 1.2
Release: 3
License: public domain