%Require not working for CentOS 4.2

Hi,

I am using rpm-4.3.3-9_nonptl package on CentOS 4.2
I am building subpackage devel using rpmbuild

The spec file is something like this

%define name xxx-yyy
Name: %{name}
%define version 12.0.0.3
%define release 01
Version: %{version}
Release: %{release}
Copyright: GPL

%description
This package provides the xxx runtime.

%package devel
Group: Development/Libraries
Requires: %{name} = %{version}

I am able to build the rpm successfully.

When I try to install the xxx-yyy-devel-12.0.0.3 , it gives me an error saying
failed dependency xxx-yyy = 12.0.0.3 not installed.

If I change the Requries in the spec file to something like this
Requires: %{name} >= %{version}

things work fine for me.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Rahul Chatterjee