Re: Can't produce output

Michael Jennings wrote:
Sorry.  I thought that I'd done that.  Here's a forward of the
original post which includes that info.

No, it most certainly does not.

For example:  You claim to have tried the %_topdir macro, but it was
not "reentrant."  Show us what you tried, and explain why it's
insufficient for you.

No.  I tried the %_rpmdir macro and got:

error: Could not open /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/peakstream-0-0.i386.rpm:
Permission denied

Which was not the value I had set for %_rpmdir.

Using ~/anything as a build directory is insufficient because it's not reentrant - that is, a second attempt to build foo.rpm will collide with a first.  This makes the build process non-deterministic and is simply unacceptable for an automated process.

What I'm looking for is a way to set the implicit rpm directories, preferably from the command line.

--rich