Re: Dependancies for the RPMS

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Swain, Cms Adi wrote:

Hi all,

I have copied all rpms came with my RHEL 4 distribution to a comon
folder in /var/ftp/pub/Redhat directory. Now whenever I install packages
it asks for dependancies. I always need to install the dependancies
first and then the required package. Can I install the package without
being prompted for the dependancies. Please help.

RHEL comes with a tool for the job, it's called 'up2date' and can be used to install new software along with their dependencies and for updating the system.

	- Panu -