Re: Environment variables in RPM installation scripts

I suppose I could install the "updated" files under a new name in a known location, them apply the patch. Would that be the standard way of doing what I'm trying to do?

Sorry... what I said won't work. I don't want to install the patch file itself, and, IIUC, it is not a good idea to overwrite the yum config files.

Cheers,
David