Re: Corrupted *.so files

On Aug 7, 2006, at 2:50 PM, Erik Engstrom wrote:

Hello -

I'm trying to build an RPM on a RedHat 9 system.

I have a bunch of files in a tar file (mylib.tgz) including multiple *.so files. Some, but not all, of the *.so files get corrupted during the %install section. When I do an 'll', the size of the file has decreased.

Any idea what causes this or how I can fix it? I pasted a portion of my spec file below.

Erik

IMPORTANT PARTS OF MY SPEC FILE:
define __os_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
%prep
%setup
%build
%install
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/local/lib
cp -pr %{_builddir}/%{name}-%{version}/mylib.tgz $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/ usr/local/lib
cd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/local/lib
tar -xvzf mylib.tgz
rm mylib.tgz

Are you trying to produce -debuginfo packages? If so, debugedit will effectively strip ELF
libraries.

Verify what is happening by running readelf -a on some *.so file before and after, and then diff the output. The term "corruption" is perhaps way too loosely applied here ;-)

There's no other mechanism I can think of, very few rpm scripts change the contents of
files within $RPM_BUILD_ROOT.

73 de Jeff