defining "switch" and or "flags" for installs

Hello,

I am working on building an RPM for deployment of some security
certificates into our enterprise. However, some of our sites need the
certificates in one format vs another. Rather than building two rpms I
would like to just give the user an option to pass the format to RPM.

So,

rpm -ihv --certformat=xxx file.rpm

where I would either certformat=xxx would tell rpm to do something
either in the post section or maybe I could it during the install
section.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Aaron