Re: default rpm macros cause errors with g77

On Aug 9, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:

John Pye wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a package which I'm trying to build using RPM. It uses all the
standard GNU autotools so I thought I'd try using %configure macro. I
discovered that this macro includes some lines that, amongst other
things, sets:

FFLAGS='-O2 -g -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -m32
-march=i386 -mtune=pentium4 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables'

This then gives an error later in the ./configure execution, including
that g77 says that "-mtune=pentium4" is an invalid option.

This is with RPM 4.4.1 on FC4 and RPM 4.4.2 on FC5.

This is a fedora-specific issue (in particular, redhat-rpm-config), and
should be reported there:
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/
against Fedora Core/redhat-rpm-config

But make sure that you report against all relevant "Fedora Core" versions, at least "fc4" and "fc5" and "fc6", to insure that bug gets properly fixed.

Hint: Harried, overworked, developer salary increases are often based on the bogus metric
of no. of bugzilla bugs fixed. Really ...

73 de Jeff