Re: Environment variables in RPM installation scripts

David Leangen wrote:
> I'm still curious, though... in all the docs I read, I see variables
> such as $RPM_SOURCE_DIR, or %{buildroot}, or whatever.
>
> Was some design decision made recently to remove all of those? If
> not, where can I find the list?

Those variables are available at build time in the %prep, %build, and
%install scripts.  They were not removed.  You have been trying to use
them at %post script time which will often be on a different system
perhaps on a different continent from the build machine.

Bob