Re: Specifying dependency install order

In regard to: Re: Specifying dependency install order, Jeff Johnson said...:

So, is there a way that I can do this inside of one RPM, where I list the
deps, and say which are to be installed in what order?

Nope. Well you can try invoking rpm -Uvh within %post, and rpm -evh within %preun, adding --nodeps to install contained *.rpm files, but that cure may make you wish for tastier
rocks instead.

A long time ago, you added "manifest" capability to RPM.  If that's still
present, it might do what is being asked for.  It's probably no better
than your --anaconda suggestion, though.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney dogbert cc ndsu NoDak edu