Re: Since when is listing all the directories in an install mandatory?

Jeff Johnson wrote:

On Aug 24, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Christian Goetze wrote:

Recently, I've been observing RPM installs to fail because it tries to copy I file into a non-existing directory. I also observed that rpmbuild will now warn me with "directories not explicitly listed".

My understanding was that a directory listed with %dir was for exclusive use by that rpm. I'm probably wrong there, but I'm still annoyed that I now have to go through all the spec files and add the %dir entries in the %files list.

What version of rpm?

4.3.3

What distro/platform?

rhel43