Re: Re: Since when is listing all the directories in an install mandatory?

On 8/24/06, Christian Goetze <cg sensage com> wrote:
Jeff Johnson wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Christian Goetze wrote:
>
>> Recently, I've been observing RPM installs to fail because it tries
>> to copy I file into a non-existing directory. I also observed that
>> rpmbuild will now warn me with "directories not explicitly listed".
>>
>> My understanding was that a directory listed with %dir was for
>> exclusive use by that rpm. I'm probably wrong there, but I'm still
>> annoyed that I now have to go through all the spec files and add  the
>> %dir entries in the %files list.
>

> What version of rpm?

4.3.3

> What distro/platform?

rhel43

Hmmm, I have a dim memory of fixing a bug with this behavior
in the last 2 months.

Could you report at bugzilla.redhat.com against rpm, and
include a ptr to your src.rpm?

I'll dig out the fix this evening when I have a brain.

73 de Jeff