Re: Since when is listing all the directories in an install mandatory?

Jeff Johnson wrote:

Hmmm, I have a dim memory of fixing a bug with this behavior
in the last 2 months.

Could you report at bugzilla.redhat.com against rpm, and
include a ptr to your src.rpm?

I don't have a src rpm, I always use what comes with the distro, as is, since that is what customers will use. It does me no good to patch rpm for myself, since I have no control over what version of RPM customers use, and many customers are just too dumb to patch the stuff themselves.

I guess I have to write a workaround where %pre runs mkdir -p on all directories I will need.

I wished there was a way to access data generated during %install from within the %pre script without having to store it in a file....
--
cg