Re: install rpm within an rpm...continued

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 07:00:39AM -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> The difference between what a "user does" and how long an asynchronous
> scriptlet waits before attempting to install should be obvious.
>
> There is no way to choose the N in "sleep N" accurately, any chosen
> value will fail to
> wait long enough for a sufficiently large transaction to finish.
> That's what is hacky.

What I was suggesting was something like:
while [ -e $lock ]; do sleep 1; done

> Having one process fork off another, rather unrelated, process is
> rather surprising and unusual as well.

Well, we were talking about hacks...

But if removing the lock is safe, then that's the best hack. Though I
still see no point in installing an rpm inside an rpm, that can't be
resolved by dependencies and package managers.

--
lfr
0/0