[Spacewalk-list] Monitoring

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 12:56:26 UTC 2008

Is monitoring working in 0.3?  If so, is there a guide for setting it up
lurking about?

I've just upgraded 0.2 -> 0.3, enabled monitoring through the web interface
then starting poking.  It seems to have installed rather oddly as a result of
having ~nocpulse=/home/nocpulse from a previous install.

After sorting that out, gogo.pl:185 looks wrong to me, so I changed
NotificationQueue to NOCpulse::NotificationQueue.

Then it failed because perl-Class-MethodMaker from EPEL was v2 and doesn't
appear to be backwards compatible.  So I installed a v1 release.

Then there were a bunch of missing directories in /etc/nocpulse that it
complained about, and a missing ini file.  Then some more missing directories
in /var/lib/nocpulse.

After all that's sorted, the Monitoring service starts without errors.

MonitoringScout is a different story.  It pauses at NPbootstrap after failing
to access:

https://spacewalk-server.mydomain/satconfig/cgi-bin/fetch_netsaintid.cgi

Any advice welcome, even if it's pointing out I'm being a spanner,

jh

--
"People smart enough to be in mensa should be smart enough to not be in
  mensa."                                             -- djcapelis /.