[Spacewalk-list] time delay for channel updates

Zac Elston zac.elston at metavante.com
Thu Nov 13 20:37:34 UTC 2008

Greetings

While I understand I can update the channel cache when moving a package
to or from a channel and I'll see the changes reflected, I have a number
of cases where packages will be removed or added to a channel, and the
SSM upgrade page doesn't reflect the update.  after some time (10-20
minutes) the update shows up as "upgradeable" , but I have users who are
demanding near instant DB updates to match their work.

I ran a series of tests with creating updated packages and trying to
install/remove/update them on various hosts and i got a wide variety of
time delays, from instant to 15 minutes.  is there a way I can force a
channel to refresh the list of packages?

thanks

-zac