[Spacewalk-list] problem activating the satellite: Local activation failure.

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Nov 28 11:02:31 UTC 2008

Mattia reggiani wrote:
% Thanks Michael for the answer ,
% the line attached , is referred to the second try of the installation
% , in the first time i'am selected "yes" .
% Sorry but i have another questions , a solution to the bug exists?

Unless there is any significant content (servers registered or channel
synced) in the database it's safe to answer 'Y' and let installer recreate
schema.

% %Mattia reggiani wrote:
% % 1- I have update my fresh installation of CentOS 5.2
% % 2- I have installed Oracle 10g and created user
% % 3- I have installed spacewalk via yum
% % 4- I have generated GPG key
% % 5- I have launched the command "#spacewalk-setup --disconnect"  , but this
% % return an error :
% %
% % *# spacewalk-setup --disconnect
% % ** Database: Populating database.
% % The Database has schema.  Would you like to clear the database [Y]? n
% % **Database: The database already has schema.  Skipping database population.*
%
%     %If you try to *install* (not upgrade) and installer skipped database
%     %population your database schema is probably empty. And empty schema causes
%     %errors below.
%
%     %The question which confused you is a known bug.
%
% % *% Setting up users and groups.

--
Michael Mráka