[Spacewalk-list] Some more 64 bit problems: perl library wrong elfclass

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Wed Oct 1 09:39:54 UTC 2008

Hi All,
After a good night's sleep I looked at my problem again and it is
mentioned in the wiki, but incomplete...

The spacewalk wiki says:
can't find libclntsh.so.10.1 on x86_64 installation, need to modify
LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
but does not state to what it should be modified.

After some trial and error I found that if the library path points to
all versions of the libclntsh.so.10.1 library then it works.

I would appreciate if someone could confirm this before I update the
wiki.

Just two related questions:
* I have multiple files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ why does only the
spacewalk path get added to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.
* What is responsible for setting this variable? How can you change the
variable without rebooting? I have changed the env variable and that has
worked well enough.

Regards