[Spacewalk-list] dbhome error

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Tue Oct 21 16:34:41 UTC 2008

Hi
When I start-up spacewalk I get the following error:
Starting osa-dispatcher: sh: dbhome: command not found

I grepped through the /usr/share/rhn directory and found the following
file:
/usr/share/rhn/server/rhnSQL/int_oracle.py

which contains these lines:

        if not os.environ.has_key("ORACLE_HOME"):
            os.environ["ORACLE_HOME"] = os.popen("dbhome '*'").read()

I then wrote a test script of my own that I run from the command line to
test for the presence of ORACLE_HOME. The variable exists for all users.

#!/usr/bin/python
import os

if os.environ.has_key("ORACLE_HOME"):
   print 'does contain'

I have done the following to setup oracle env:
cd /etc/profile.d
ln -s
/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/oracle_env.sh

Any ideas why I would get this failure and is it important?

Regards