[Spacewalk-list] rhn_register SSL Cert verification

João Baptista joaoccb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:34:28 UTC 2009

I also had that problem. I resolved the problem, like this:

1º I installed the wget -O -
https://spacewalk.company.com/pub/rhn-org-trusted-ssl-cert-1.0-1.noarch.rpm

2º confirmed if:

# ls -ltr /usr/share/rhn/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  5342 Nov 11 16:16 RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

3º then edit this file /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date, verify if this two
lines are correspondent with your system:

serverURL[comment]=Remote server URL
*serverURL=https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC [must correspond to FQDN
of **your **spacewalk server, don't forget /XMLRPC at the end]*
sslCACert[comment]=The CA cert used to verify the ssl server
*sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT [must correspond to your ssl
cert. , location and name. ex: RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT**]*

I hope this help, for know.

João Baptista