[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 1.1 - cobbler heads up

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:58:01 UTC 2010

> Any idea why cobbler couldn't start?  I'm running an up to date version of
> cobbler here.
>
> -Justin

It was complaining about missing kernels for distribution profiles I
hadn't set up (xen related) and then if those were removed the right
ones complained of issues and so on...

If cobbler was cleaned up fully so that cobblerd was able to start
then spacewalk had tracebacks on trying to view kickstarts or do a
cobbler sync from the admin pages relating to the API exposed by
cobbler that the spacewalk process communicates through.

Not the first time I've seen issues either - when I was setting up pxe
booting of systems (physical and KVM guests) from spacewalk had issues
there until cobbler 1.6.6 was put back rather than 2.0.3 and on my KVM
hosts koan 2.0.3 resulted in python exceptions and had to be reverted
to 1.6.6 ...

Add to the fact that with cobbler 2.0.3 the kickstart snippet
functionality is 'broken' due to changes in how the macros are
processed and it seems more of a headache to go to 2.0.3 than to stay
on 1.6.6 ....

James