[Spacewalk-list] Unnecessary action in taskomatic schedule

Schugowski, Mario Mario.Schugowski at computacenter.com
Tue Jan 11 12:48:50 UTC 2011

Hello,

i have just a question about configure the Taskomatic. Well i am using Spacewalk just for exprimental testing for the PostgreSQL Port, for production use we have Red Hat Satellite Server. But maybe some one on the list can help me.

My Problem is, that the new Release doesn't have the Taskomatic Config anymore in the /etc/rhn Config Files. It seems that all the Configs are moved to the database. There is a new Default Task, which is named compare-configs-default. This Task ist scheduled every day at 23:00. The Main Problem is, that this Task is doing heavy load on my Satellite System and flooding every Night the Database with the Compare results, wich are very big, because we have around 800 Systems and 294 Config Files from which are round about 15 per System installed.

So the Question is, how to stop this unnecessary action in the Taskomatic, i think i don't need this action anytime.
I have tried to update the table thntaskoschedule and set the begin Field to something in the future, but this doesn't help.

In the Spacewalk Documentation i only found the Configuration with entry in the rhn.conf File, but the Taskomatic Config doesn't exist anymore in the rhn.conf file.

Can anyone please explain me, how tos top this unwanted Action in the Taskomatic Schedule ?

Bye Mario

Mit freundlichen Gruessen - Best regards

Mario Schugowski
Senior System Engineer
Client Services - Area North

Computacenter AG & Co oHG
Services & Solutions

Mariendorfer Damm 1, 12099 Berlin, Germany
Tel.:                 +49 30 707 85 139
Mobile:            +49 174 332 02 80
Fax:                +49 30 707 85 130

E-Mail: Mario.Schugowski at computacenter.com

-----------------------------------
Computacenter AG & Co. oHG, mit Sitz in Kerpen (Amtsgericht Köln HRA 18096)
Vertretungsberechtigte Gesellschafter:
Computacenter Aktiengesellschaft, mit Sitz in Köln (Amtsgericht Köln HRB 28384)
Vorstand: Oliver Tuszik (Vorsitzender), Dr. Karsten Freihube, Hans-Georg Freitag, Frank Kottmann, Reiner Louis
Aufsichtsrat: Michael Norris (Vorsitzender)
Computacenter Management GmbH, mit Sitz in Köln (Amtsgericht Köln HRB 28284)
Geschäftsführer: Ulrich Irnich
Visit us on the Internet: http://www.computacenter.de
Visit our Online-Shop: https://shop.computacenter.de

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this mail in error, please tell us immediately by return email and delete the document.