[Spacewalk-list] Failed Repository Scheduled Sync - Deleted Repository

Speagle, Andy andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Thu Jan 20 16:36:12 UTC 2011

Hi Team,

I'm using SPWK v1.2 ... and I like how the channel repository sync schedules work via the WebUI.  However, I recently deleted and recreated a repository for which I had a scheduled daily sync and now every morning I get 2 messages.  First, about the failure to sync for the repository that was deleted:

Taskomatic bunch repo-sync-bunch was scheduled to run within the repo-sync-1-731 schedule.

Subtask repo-sync failed.

For more information check /var/lib/rhn/tasko/org1/repo-sync-bunch/repo-sync_406623_err.

And another messages for what I suspect is the recreated repository of the same name:

Taskomatic bunch repo-sync-bunch was scheduled to run within the repo-sync-1-716 schedule.

Subtask repo-sync finished successfuly and is back to normal.

The logfile referenced by the first message contains this:

2011-01-20 06:00:10,012 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-3] ERROR com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RepoSyncTask  - No such channel with channel_id 731
2011-01-20 06:00:10,012 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-3] ERROR com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RepoSyncTask  -

I'm not certain how to go about removing this schedule manually from the scheduler.  Can someone clue me in?  Should this be filed as a bug?

Andy Speagle
System & Storage Administrator
UCATS - Wichita State University

P: 316.978.3869