[Spacewalk-list] jabberd log files

Hagberg, Keith Keith.Hagberg at FMR.com
Fri Mar 11 13:46:39 UTC 2011

Kind of confused about the whole jabber database. Looking in the sm.xml file it says sqlite is the default.

Also wondering why the log files are filling up so quick. Wondering if it is all these scheduled daily events

Show differences between profiled config files and deployed config files scheduled by (none)

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of r.rigby at leeds.ac.uk
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:01 AM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] jabberd log files

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011, Hagberg, Keith wrote:

> Running Spacewalk 1.3 with osad and jabberd. Noticed that jabberd is eating up disk space

we're still on 1.2 here, but had a similar problem.
the files in /var/lib/jabberd/db/ were taking up huge amounts of space,
and the database was frequently becoming corrupt, and needing to be
re-created.
in the end we switched to sqlite, which solved both the space problem, and
the the corruption problem.

looking through command history, it looks like this is how to set up
sqlite:

#-
cd /var/lib/jabberd/db
cp /usr/share/jabberd/db-setup.sqlite .
sqlite3 sqlite.db < db-setup.sqlite
#-

probably after removing/moving the original db folder.
after this, on each client, we had to run:

#-
rm -f /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad-auth.conf
/etc/init.d/osad restart
#-

to get osad running again - though i don't think this should necessarily
be required.

also, i don't believe this is expected behaviour, so there may be a better
known fix.

thanks,

richard.