[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.4 channel and even question/challenge

Jan Huijsmans bofh at koffie.nu
Fri May 6 12:44:03 UTC 2011

Hello,

I Just joined the list after working with Spacewalk for a while. I'm
at the moment testing some functionality and I was wondering if there
is a better way.

At the moment I've configured the server with several channels,
including centos 5, Scientific Linux 6, epl 5 + 6 and some minor
channels (spacewalk server + client)

During the sync of the repos I have, I noticed it's syncing everything,
including stuff I'll never use. Is there a way to limit what it's
syncing, preffably only the packages the server and/or the clients
actually use. It now wants to sync over 10.000 packages, while the server
has only 826 packages installed. (and the clients are there just to test
minor stuff, so they have slmost no packages)

I found an option to use reposync instead of spacewalk-repo-sync, which
should listen to the config I'm giving it, but it to is just limiting per
architecture, not accoring to the filelist in includepkgs.

Has somebody been able to solve this, or is the only solution wait and
buy bigger disks?

I also noticed the server reporting some clients to need updates (finally),
so I scheduled an upgrade. The update hasn't run yet. (been sitting there
for at least 3 days now) Where to look?

Greetings,

Jan Huijsmans