[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.4 channel and even question/challenge

Michael Gliwinski Michael.Gliwinski at henderson-group.com
Wed May 11 08:37:54 UTC 2011

On Monday 09 May 2011 09:35:27 Jan Huijsmans wrote:
> Thanks, I'm working with it now. I'm trying to get it to work now,
> working on the correct filename. I guessesdyumsubset_src.py.

Yes, yumsubset_src.py is the correct filename.

> As I'm new to RedHat at this level I'm a bit lost on how to add the
> plugin to the setup. Just placing it in the dir and running the command
> gives an unknown type error from spacewalk-repo-sync.

So, you have the file at
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-
packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/repo_plugins/yumsubset_src.py
yes?

> Any tips on how to add this, while I'm learning to read/debug python
> scripts?

With the above in place you also need to create a file
/etc/rhn/spacewalk-repo-sync-yum.conf with repo inclusions (it's the same
format as yum.conf but only repo inclusions are read from it).  For example
this is a part of my config file:

[epel-5-i386]
includepkgs=ipython byobu libffi python26 python26-libs screen \
            python-genshi \
            python-hashlib \
            python-simplegeneric \
            bzr bzrtools python-pycurl python-paramiko python-crypto

This means in my 'epel-5-i386' channel, only the listed packages are synced.

Now, I kick off the sync from cron, just with the command:

spacewalk-repo-sync --channel=epel-5-i386 --type=yumsubset

I know you can also kick off from the web UI or maybe from taskomatic but
never tried it so I'm not sure if it would work.

If you have everything as described here and still get an error paste the
traceback here sure.

--
Michael Gliwinski
Henderson Group Information Services

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the email by anyone else is unauthorised.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed  in the governing client engagement leter or contract.
If you have received this email in error please notify support at henderson-group.com

John Henderson (Holdings) Ltd
Registered office: 9 Hightown Avenue, Mallusk, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, BT36 4RT.
Registered in Northern Ireland
Registration Number NI010588
Vat No.: 814 6399 12