[Spacewalk-list] what sets the kickstart hostname URL at build time

Matthew Darcy MDarcy at sch-group.net
Mon May 23 10:51:09 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have a spacewalk server that's acting as a now very useful kickstart server.

the servers hostname is spacewalk01.domain.com

however in the kickstart file I can see it's setting the kickstart usrls to spacewalk01/ks/dist/blah rather than spacewalk01.domain.com/ks/dist/blah

my kickstart builds are now changing (I've change my builds to build with static ip rather than dynamic now so therefore the dns default search domain is no longer being set).

2 questions.

1.) what sets the hostname in the kickstart file, how can I force it to be spacewalk01.domain.com rather than spacewalk01

2.) using the kickstart network options can I set the default dns search names?

thanks,

Matt.