[Spacewalk-list] clients can't register - ssl cert problem

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed May 25 06:32:02 UTC 2011

Matthew Darcy wrote:
% Sander,
%
% this is excellent inforamtion and advice, thank you.
%
% I've now found the spacewalk rename trac page
% https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/SpacewalkHostnameRename
%
% which is very useful.
%
% I'm now having a problem in that when I try to run the spacewalk-hostname-rename script it's complaining that the Oracle instance isn't running/listening. Which is it.
%
% [root at spacewalk01 ~]# spacewalk-hostname-rename 80.86.39.112
% Validating IP ... OK
% =============================================
% hostname: spacewalk01.sccis.net
% ip: 80.86.39.112
% Stopping rhn-satellite services ... OK
% Testing DB connection ... ERROR:
% ORA-12541: TNS:no listener

Are you able to connect to oracle with sqlplus?

 # sqlplus $(spacewalk-cfg-get default_db)

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat