[Spacewalk-list] fedora 15 through Spacewalk

Jonathan DeHaan jdehaan at nexstar.tv
Mon Nov 7 15:51:32 UTC 2011

Anaconda ignores the repodata that Spacewalk generates for the base
channel during installation. Instead, it uses the repodata in the
distribution tree. If that repodata came from the iso, then anaconda
only knows about packages that are on the iso and in child channels.

Possible solutions:
1. Generate new repodata using all the packages in your base channel
and the groups (comps) file from the iso. Put this new repodata in your
distribution tree.
2. Move all packages that are not on the iso into a child channel, and
include that channel in your ks.
3. Move all packages from base to a child channel, and include that
channel in your ks. Anaconda won't care that the repodata says it's in
base even though it isn't, as long as there is another provider for
that package during install.

Jonathan

On Mon 07 Nov 2011 04:18:55 AM CST, Frédéric SOSSON wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to deploy Fedora 15 via Spacewalk.  I did synchronized
> 'Everything'  as base channel and 'Updates' , 'Spacewalk YUM' ,
> 'Spacewalk YUM Client Tools' as children channels.
>
> I did add: rhn-client-tools rhn-check rhn-setup rhnsd m2crypto
> yum-rhn-plugin spacewalk-client-repo to 'Package Groups' in the system
> kickstart profile.
>
> My problem when trying to install: Anaconda tells python-dmidecode and
> python-hwdata are missing even they are present in the Fedora base
> channel.
>
> Any idea?
>
> regards,
>

> Frederic.