[Spacewalk-list] [Spacewalk-devel] Modification of spacewalk-service script

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 17:18:12 UTC 2011

Let's forget the subject, no problem. I share Miroslav point of view, but
understand yours. And you're right, it'll surely be a maintenance burden.
I'll investigate on database reconnection problem only.
I just wanted to help, you know!
By the way, I couldn't get rid of osa-distpatcher error message connecting
to jabber, which was the beginning of the discussion!
The problem is that jabberd do listen on the network but is not completely
ready (message "sm not ready" returned by jabberd when connecting). So the
pid file already exists and no test can be done to check if jabberd is
really ready. Calling "sleep 2" was the only way around (even sleep 1
didn't do the trick). From my point of view, as osa-dispatcher reconnects
10 seconds after, the only problem is the message displayed to the user.
But it is better thant calling sleep 2 in the script during startup I think.

Pierre